Ajwa Dates: A variety of dates of Saudi Arabia
Rich in minerals, vitamins, and resolvable fiber Ajwa Dates drags water into the digestive area and can relief constipation. As a source of iron dates can help preventing anemia. They contain magnesium, manganese and selenium. Though small in size, this date bears a significant religious implication. Because of this, the date of this type is in high demand. Because of the high acceptance, the dates are pricy also.
Areas where it grows
The Ajwa variations of dates are grown mainly in the Al-Madina area of Saudi Arabia. Efforts to grow it in other parts of the world, have not been more fruitful. This appears that only a particular climatic conditions of this region are the most suitable for its growth.
Findings of the dates
Ajwafruit hard inner layers are rich in dietary fibers, minerals, lipids, and proteins. The medicinal effect of the Ajwa dates has made it valuable to treat various ailments. Phytochemical experiment proves thatAjwa flesh and the pits are enriched with phenolic and flavonoids having multiple effects on human health due to their strong antioxidant properties. Preclinical studies show thatAjwahave strong anti-inflammatory, hepato-protective, antioxidant, anti-mutagenic, nephroprotective and anti-cancer activities.
Here are some other important points revealed out of such researches.
- These dates are filled with vital minerals and other various nutrients, an potassium and magnesium which keep our heart healthy.
- It regulates your blood pressure and helps your kidneys function better.
- Calcium good for bone and teeth, are also found in the Ajwa dates.
- Eating Ajwa dates protect you from most of the most heart attacks and strokes.
- Consuming Ajwa eases thepang of childbirth. In comparison to normal foods that we eat every day we obtain more nutrients and minerals as well as amino acids out of date.
- Ajwa Dates also contain a high percentage of carbohydrates, 15 salts and minerals, 14 types of fatty acids, 23 amino acids,six vitamins and many dietary fibers.
- Dates help pacifies any feelings of hunger as the nutrition from the dates is being absorbed. Ajwa is also one of the most versatile foods that help with the digestive process.
- It is believed that using of Ajwa dates helps keeping your eyes protected and healthy all the life help prevent night blindness.